October 1st through April 15th
The Mifflin Memorial Fund gives grants primarily in the human services and educational areas, focusing on low income and minority populations. Grants are also given to environmental/conservation organizations with occasional grants to cultural organizations for special purposes.
The Mifflin Memorial Fund Trustees accept grant applications between October 1st and April 15th of each year, as most of the funds for new grants are allocated at the May Trustees meeting. The final grant making decisions and distributions are made at the September meeting.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for a grant we ask you to send us the following items arranged in the order listed. Binders or folders are not necessary and we ask you to print material double sided where applicable.
- Cover Sheet - signed and dated
- If you include a cover letter, which is not required, please put it behind the cover sheet of each application.
- A proposal telling us about your organization.
- Amount you are requesting.
- What you want the funding for.
- A projected budget.
- Most recent and prior-year audited financial statements.
- If you cannot provide audited statements, please include a statement on letterhead of why not and include supplemental information such as unaudited statements, which are preferred over 990s *do not include both.
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet for last 2 years. (if they are not included in your financial statements)
- Copy of your IRS tax-exempt status letter.
- **If you received a grant last year, insert here a year-end report giving an accounting of how the Mifflin Fund's grant funds were used and a copy of your annual report**
- Specific and accurate financial data which measure the success of your programs, and/or program evaluations
Do not include the following:
- Table of contents and/or enclosure page(s)
We need one (1) original and three (3) full copies of the application (4 total) including full copies of all the attachments. If we do not receive all the material and copies, the proposal will not be considered.
All application information will be kept strictly confidential.
Deadlines for application and subsequent reporting:
- April 15th
All applications must be received by the deadline.
If the deadline is a Sunday, all applications are due on Monday, no exceptions.
If you are having trouble accessing the cover sheet, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader.
Mifflin Memorial Fund
Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Office
230 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02110